- Sitting on the couch is riddled with danger because any number of toys are laying in wait ready to lodge themselves in places they definitely shouldn't go. Yet you still take the chance because five minutes of sitting down is worth the pain.
- Singing cartoon theme songs is second nature, to the point where you don't even realise you're doing it. Most of the time you forget you're in public and there's a bunch of people staring at you thinking you're completely crazy. Although even if you knew they were watching you'd still do it because Thomas the dam tank engine is the only thing that will keep your child from throwing an epic tantrum.
- It's impossible to sleep while the baby sleeps, but by the time they become toddlers you're more than happy to have a nanna nap. In fact most days you can't survive the day without it. Seriously how did I ever stay awake for 9 hours straight at work?!
- You seriously consider drinking from your child's sippy cup when you forget to pack your own drink.
- The kettle gets boiled numerous times before you actually remember (or get time to) make your cup of tea/coffee. Then you have to re-heat it five times before you actually get time to drink it. Some days you just forget about it completely.
- You spend most of the day wondering why you had kids and then at the end of the day realise you wouldn't want it any other way.
- No matter how many tantrums you have to deal with, you'll still love them.
Do you have any more to add to the list?
Linking with Alicia and Kirsty